In the tower is a ring of eight bells, the earliest being mid-sixteenth century. Some of the bells were recast and a new frame was built by John Taylor of Loughborough in 1888. The ring was augmented from six bells to the present eight in 1998 by the addition of two lighter weight bells, with four of the existing six re-tuned. The two oldest bells retain their primitive tuning. A sanctus bell was also hung.
Stow people clearly thought their bells far superior to those of their neighbours, whence the old rhyme:
Martons Cracked Pancheons
And Torksey Egg Shells
And Stow Mary Bells